Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Great site

Nathan,

My wife sent me the link to your site because I am constantly complaining
about how atrocious most commercials are. My friends can't understand how I
can get so bent out of shape over bad commercials. I'm glad that I've
finally found kindred spirits. I've really enjoyed reading your site and
seeing that other people out there feel like I do.

The series of commercials I was really surprised not to find on the site
(though they were mentioned in the forum) are the McDonald's Chicken Selects
commercials featuring apparently undiagnosed schizophrenics defending their
$3 pieces of chicken against imaginary assailants. What exactly is
McDonald's trying to portray in these ads? "Eating our new Chicken Selects
will drive you insane, causing you to act like a delusional maniac at home
or work!" Not exactly the strongest selling point I've ever heard. Perhaps
these ads are so bad they are better to just ignore. Unfortunately I've been
unable to let them go, and want to throw the actors in them off of highway
overpasses.

Keep up the great work on your site! In some small way, it will make it
easier for me to bear watching hideous commercials now that I know there are
others out there suffering along with me.

Sincerely,

Beau Blackwell

No comments: