Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Few I hate, and other nuances

I've asked many people in the advertising field if they think this theory holds any weight.  So far none have answered me, they just look at me like I'm the devil incarnate.  But my position is this.  If you make commercials that are so stupid, repetitive, and annoying doesn't that make it anti-marketing?  Let me give an example.  I'd personally rather buy "Joe's Only Good for an Hour" battery than ever buy an Energizer battery.  That revolting little pink wannabe drum monkey pisses me off to no end.  It just keeps going and going and going, kind of like the god damned marketing strategy.  It was almost ok the first 3 commercials.  But what's it been 10-12 years?  Die Bunny, Die!

The one type of commercial that pisses me off to no end is the Soup commercial.  It doesn't seem to matter what soup it is, but these cocks all bring two cans of soup to work, or to the table at home?  I mean who the fuck does this?  Random woman is eating soup that looks like my piss after a really hard night of drinking, when random woman 2 comes over with soup that looks as if it's been cooked by Moses and blessed by Jesus.  They both for some reason or another decide that not only did they need to bring in some soup for lunch but they needed another can of it to prove what they bought.  Or random guy is eating soup at the table at home, but he still needs to have his unopened soup with him in case the soup police come by and want some soup ID.  Just now randumb soup whore comes over with her piping hot bowl of soup, plus unopened identification can, and starts mocking him for his choice of food.  I'd like to see him look up and say, "I settled for this soup because it was cheap and easy, just like I settled for you."

At which time he'd throw his can of condensed soup off her left temple, crumbling her to the floor.  Then he could our her adult soup all over her and laugh like a hyena. 

Actually for that commercial would it be so hard for the guy to have left the opened can on the counter next to the garbage?  That's where my lazy ass leaves the soup until I'm done eating.  They could pan over to it and have the woman say something about trying to eat better, and then she could walk over to the pantry or cupboard and pull out the golden can of soup.  And spout off about it's high quality as if we don't all know that it's just canned soup.

I guess you struck a nerve in me, and I'll stop babbling on about it.  If you have an answer about the anti-marketing campaign theory of mine please let me know.  I'm not schooled in anything meaningful and would like to know if they even think about this shit.

 -noisy

No comments: