Saturday, January 31, 2004

Your website is neato

I just wanted to tell you I love your website, and I totally remember mocking out all the older commercials. In fact, we still make fun of the recent commercials you have on your website. I found a link you might like, it shows what tampon commercials should really be like:

http://www.parasite.tv/embedvids/embedklotex.htm

Anyway, my current most hated commercial is one for healthcare, or prescriptions from Canada, something like that. I do not know if you have seen it, it looks so low budget it may have just been made locally. It starts out with an older man looking at bottles of random medicine in distress, then his phone rings and a 90 year old guy dressed in full fishing gear is on the other line. "Hey Rob, the fish are bitin'!" the old man says, and Rob replies "I can't go fishing today, I have to budget my prescriptions". Because it takes all day to budget, apparently. Anyway, the older man proceeds to tell Rob about his Healthcare plan, and then says "Rob, take down this number!" A number appears on the screen, but the man never tells it to Rob! Poor rob will never get his prescriptions budgeted now, and will never be able to go fishing again! This is an example of many commercials I hate where a person sets up that they will tell a friend an important phone number, name of business, etc. and never do because they expect them to "read the TV screen".

Keep up the good work.

-Andrea

No comments: