Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I love your site.

Hey Nathan,

I like your site. It really protrays alot of commercials that are hated on television. Yeah...Old Navy still makes crappy commercials, but have you heard the crappy music they play? Not to mention that it's played at full blast so you have to practically yell at the employees for help.

I've also noticed that our media is still on mostly single ethnicity. I'm a Japanese born American and find it kind of annoying that most commercials on the Mainland show only caucaucian (sp?), and the very small amount of blacks, asian and hispanic people on tv. My mom said because not many asians are into the media business. But common, if our world had a more mixed ethnical commercials I think we'd see eye to eye, or probably sprout more prejudice or whatever.

Another commercial I hate is the Fanta soda commercial. Seriously who the hell wants to buy a soda with a comeon that if you drink it these hot, ditzy annoying girls will suddenly popup and dance with you? Gods has our media productionists sunk this low??? Haha...but you relise now that they haven't shown that damned commercial for along time. Before it used to be nearly every commercial break but now it's hardly shown.

Jcpennys ads are dumb, mainly because the stores where I live have all closed up! I don't give a damn if our tv is runned by Mainland time, it's just plain annoying.

I know I ment to say how I loved your site, but it ended up being on the commercials I hate, but I have one more I promise.

Well it's not really a commercial but just a theme based one...When ever the have themes based on Hawaiian Luaus. GOD IT'S SICKENING!!!!!! As a American born and raised in Hawaii I find these themes so freaken prejudice. I think it was the movie called North that was played on the Disney Channel...just watch and you'll understand.

My reason is that some people still think we live in grass huts on a sanded beach with only the size of a shopping mall. Plus when people come here they think all there is to see is that we all have luaus every night, wear only hawaiian printed clothes etc. That's not it. Hawaii has become a multi-cultural island where the food has been mixed by the many people who have lived here. But the one thing that hilarious is the coconut bras. My mom teaches Hawaiiana for her fourth grade class and she says that the hawaiians didn't wear coconut bras because it was a thing they ate, and i'd think it's be uncomfortable too. And the final thing that urks me is how some people on the Mainland see us as not part of the American culture. It's true ask around and some people will deny us being part of America.

Thanks for your time. Sorry again for a vent based letter. ^_^;

lianne maeda

No comments: