Saturday, February 28, 2004

Gay Marriage Rant

Nathan,

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU for what you said!  You put it very clear in your rant about Bush and gay marriage.  He said, and this is a direct quote, that gay marriage would "compromise his beliefs".  Is it not a compromise of a gay person's beliefs to NOT wed their true love?  It's absolutely absurd; why should HIS beliefs govern a total stranger's life?

And I thought that you might enjoy that the fact that the term you used in your analogy, a blue person, is the same term in Russian as a homosexual.  If you think a guy is gay in Russia, you think he's blue!  I found that to be very interesting.

Now I must confess that I am a first time visitor, and even now I have yet to view your site, but I throughly enjoyed that rant so much that I just had to write you.  Would you mind at all if I used your statements (like in my near daily debates with my father on voting or not voting for Bush)?  They are very convincing, and throw a very interesting and thought provoking spin on this whole issue.  Thanks again!

Shannon

No comments: